Ever since the Dyson Supersonic blow dryer launched, I was very intrigued, but the price tag made me weary! Ringing in at $400, that’s no light purchase. After I had heard many other bloggers with similar hair types to me rave about the blow dryer, I decided to invest.
I had heard that it was a tool that’d cut you blow dry time in half, tame frizz-prone locks and, due to the technology, wasn’t as harsh with heat.
After my first use, the only word that came to mind was “Whoa!”. I couldn’t believe that it dried my hair in 15 minutes, rather than my usual 45. Plus, I was blown away that I didn’t have to flat iron because there wasn’t any frizz or texture left in my hair!
Now with a months use, I’ve had the same experience every use since, plus I can tell my hair is much more healthy and much shinier due to the temperature regulating technology this device has.
That said, I don’t think the investment is worth it for every one so keep reading to see all the benefits and my overall recommendation.
PSSST – For Cyber week, the best sale I’ve found is at Best Buy! You can get the $399 Dyson Supersonic for $319! Just join their free reward program, My Best Buy, and voila. The discount comes off in your cart.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Review
WHY DO I LIKE THE DYSON BLOW DRYER?
- It’s super light! Coming from a blow dryer that hurt my arms half way through, this blow dryer was a fraction of the weight. Dyson put the motor in the handle which completely rebalanced the hair dryer’s weight and shape.
- My “just out of the shower” damp hair was fully dried in 15 minutes. even without a metal round brush! Typically my semi-air dried hair takes 45+ minutes for the same end result, but the controlled, high velocity airflow of the Dyson Supersonic blow dryer cut my dry time in 1/3.
- I was frizz-free! Typically my textured hair required some flat ironing post-round brush blow dry, but not with the Dyson! I couldn’t believe it. If you deal with frizz, this result within itself is worth it.
- The Dyson hair dryer’s air temperature is measured 20 times every second (!!!), keeping the temperature under control which reduces hair heat damage and increases shine. I really have noticed that my hair is more shiny and much more healthy!
- The magnetic attachments allow you to easily adjust and quickly rotate. I find that my arm isn’t being twisted in wonky positions like my old dryer because adjusting the concentrator attachment is really easy.
- It’s a sleek design. Of course, it’s made by Dyson who is known for this. While this isn’t a sole reason to purchase this, it does look pretty!
- Dyson Supersonic hair dryer
- 3 Attachements
- Smoothing nozzle
Dry and style your hair at the same time with gentle, low-velocity airflow.
- Styling concentrator
The wide, thin design of the Styling concentrator creates a high-velocity blade of air that’s perfect for styling.
Engineered to disperse air evenly around your curls, the Diffuser simulates natural drying, helping to reduce frizz and define curls and waves. Long prongs allow you to style hair with control – and reach deep into the hair.
- Smoothing nozzle
- Non-slip heat mat
DO I RECOMMEND DYSON BLOW DRYER?
The price is steep coming in at $400 so I’d really only recommend this if you have high maintenance hair – long, thick, frizz-prone and/or textured. Cutting your dry time in 1/3, not having frizz and using less intense heat on your hair is worth it to me!
If you have easy-going, low maintenance hair, I’m not sure that the price would be worth it and I’d probably opt for a less expensive hair dryer.
The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is engineered to protect hair from extreme heat damage, with fast drying and controlled styling to help increase smoothness by 75%, increase shine by up to 132% and decrease frizz and flyaways by up to 61%.→ SHOP AT NORDSTROM
→ SHOP AT SEPHORA
→ BEST BUY
WHERE TO PURCHASE THE DYSON SUPERSONIC BLOW DRYER
Sephora: I’d suggest waiting for their bi-annual VIB Rouge sale if you are Beauty Insider so that you can get 10-20% off (depending on your status). This is when I bought mine! A great way to increase your Sephora status and get points too.
Best Buy: Right now for Black Friday deals, you can get the $399 Dyson Supersonic for $319! Just join their free reward program, My Best Buy, and voila. The discount comes off in your cart.
Nordstrom: If you find it on sale anywhere else, just use the chat feature for support and they will honor that price!
Dyson: Right now for Black Friday, you can get some free accessories like a stand or hair combs.
Ulta: I’m not sure if this will ever be on sale at this retailer, but it’s a great way to build up your points(when not on sale at other retailers) if you’re a loyal Ulta shopper.
Amazon: I’d expect this retailer to have this on sale sometime through the year!
DYSON SUPERSONIC BLOW DRYER I FREE PEOPLE OTTOMON TUNIC [RUNS TTS I SPANX FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS [RUN TTS]