I never used to be drawn to lace! Even when I went on the search for my wedding gown, I said no satin, no corset, no beaded jewels and no lace. I left the Newbury Street bridal salon being tied between two gowns.. both with lace detailing. Also, not sure what dress I’d find without lace or beading, but whatevs 😆
I used to feel that lace was too matronly, but ya know what? When you find the right type of lace it can be modern, feminine and add a fun dose of texture to your look. I think the key is looking for a lace that’s more statement making and chunky, rather than delicate and dainty.
I stepped out of my comfort zone a couple weeks ago and ordered this lace dress. Today is the perfect day to share it because it’s 40% off, ringing in at $54. that’s really a steal for the quality!
This dress is out of my comfort zone for a few reasons and maybe you can relate to them:
1.The length: I tend to wear dresses that end on my mid thigh because I have thick calves from running and with where midi dresses end, they often make them look larger than they are. Since the lining of this dress ends higher up, I think the cut isn’t all that bad!
2.The color: I’m not much of a yellow girl. There are many other colors I’d reach for over this like pink, red, blue, purple, black ,white.. uh just about ever end of the color spectrum, ha! What color makes you step out of your comfort zone?
3. The trend: While this dress is labeled as an ‘off the shoulder’ cut, it’s more of a ‘shoulder cut out’ detail. I am all for off the shoulder pieces, but I hate the shoulder cut out trend. I despise it. But this one was a tad different since the strap are so thin. I felt it made for more of a unique detail, delicate detail than opting into a horrid trend that needs to go away, haha.
If you’re in the market for a new dress for a special occasion, here are a few others lace dresses that you may enjoy.
1. This one comes in eleven colors, is a midi length and under $100. The bodice makes it so feminine!
2. This one comes in four colors and I’ve been eyeing it in lilac. The cut is a true off the shoulder and it’d be a perfect wedding guest dress.
3. I own this dress in white from a couple years ago and it’s so popular, that it’s back in stock and available in three colors this year. The shift silhouette is flattering for a lot of body types and it hides any date night food babies which is top of mind anytime we go out for tacos 😉 #TreChic
4. This dress comes in two colors – lilac and navy. I love the high neckline and it’s perfect for anyone with an athletic build.
5. This chic dress is 40% off today and comes in three colors. I find the neckline super sassy. I’m eyeing the black option!
I hope this post encourages you to step out of your comfort zone with your next dress. Whether ordering a length you don’t usually wear, a color you don’t normally reach for or a trend you haven’t tried – you may be surprised to find it works for you! Xo Mindy
SHOP LACE DRESSES