This crossbody is hands down my most functional handbag ever. If you have been saving for a designer handbag splurge, the Gucci Soho Disco Bag would be my #1 recommendation due to the versatility, quality and functionality. The only thing I regret about this handbag is not buying it sooner! I purchased this bag a month ago since I was laking a neutral, easy crossbody.
Since then, I’ve traveled with it to Denver, Charleston and Portland, Maine.
You know a handbag is exceptional when you can wear it on three different trips, all with varying outfits and occasions – work summit, wedding festivities, and casual family time. I’ve also worn it in our home city, Boston, and casually around town while running errands.
This bag is so versatile because of the beige color and size. The interior of the body is deceptively big. I own the Louis Vuitton Pochette which is definitely a mid size crossbody and I can basically fit the same amount of things in my Gucci Soho Disco crossbody, but side by side the LV looks much larger! Alright now for the nitty gritty deetz..
DESIGNER HANDBAG REVIEW: GUCCI SOHO DISCO CROSSBODY
NAME: GUCCI SOHO DISCO CROSSBODY
LEATHER COLOR: ROSE BEIGE
HARDWARE COLOR: GOLD
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: LEATHER TASSLE
MEASUREMENTS: 8″w X 6″h x 2.5″d
INTERIOR CAPACITY: SMALL
STRAP LENGTH: 48″ – 52″
PROS: I love this purse. It’s certainly my most versatile and functional handbag.
Here are the best attributes:
- low maintenance pebbled leather
- versatile beige hue
- SUPER deceptively spacious (!!!)
- light cotton interior which makes finding items a breeze
- super versatile color
- adjustable strap
- two slit pockets for organization
- Branding more subtle with it being made into the leather, rather than a hardware
- Overall bag is timeless. It’s been “in” for decades and will undoubtedly continue
CONS: This bag is so great and there aren’t any ‘male or break’ cons in my book, here are a few potential cons to keep in mind:
- strap excess doesn’t have a second loop to hold it which can be annoying
- neither slip pockets have zips for added security
- no middle compartment to greater organization (although that addition may make it not fit as many products)
- when not in use, i store stuffed with tissue paper because it will lose it’s shape
- potential denim transfer due to light color, but this hasn’t happened to me personally
SO, WHAT’S IN MY GUCCI SOHO DISCO BAG?
- my wallet
- my giftcard holder
- these sunglasses
- Vital Proteins travel collagen powder
- this blush with this applicator brush
- this brow pencil
- my wedding day lipgloss
- favorite natural deodorant [20% off with code ‘MINDY’]
- hand sanitizer
- ib profen
Plus I have a bit more room 🙂
SHOP GUCCI SOHO DISCO BAG LOOKALIKES
In summary, if you’re in the market for a crossbody I really can’t recommend the Gucci Soho Disco bag enough. It will last you through every single season. It can be dress up and dressed down. What more could a girl want out of a handbag?!
While I own the pretty ‘rose biege’ hue, it also comes in red and black. If you’re just starting your handbag collection, you can’t go wrong with black. Every girl needs a sleek, classic black crossbody to start the base of her handbag collection. Red is a great option for the upcoming holiday season. It’ll pop right off your festive red lipstick! I’d suggest that color for any girl that has the basics of a handbag collection down and looking for something to reach for every now and then as a statement piece.
I purchased my bag at Nordstrom. Anytime I am making an investment purchase and the item is available via Nordstrom, I order from there with my Nordstrom card so that I get points! I actually used my Nordstrom points towards this bag so a chunk of it was free. The card has many more benefits that I chat about HERE [scroll to ‘Tip 2’ for card details].
You can also buy the Gucci Soho Disco crossbody directly from Gucci. My husband bought me this gorgeous velvet bag on our Paris honeymoon straight from the designer and had a great experience.
So what do you think? Do you have this bag? If so, do you love it?!
If this is out of our price range, check out my dupes below. I own this look alike and love it. It even has the tassel! Xo Mindy
SHOP GUCCI BAGS
SHOP GUCCI SOHO DISCO BAG LOOKALIKES