I feel like each year, my birthday comes quicker and quicker. I was telling S a couple nights ago that I still feel like I’m 22. I’m not sure why I’m stuck on “feeling that age”, but being the TSwift fan girl that I am, I want “22” to be my anthem forever. Possibly it’s also because “26” just sounds scary. I’m sure five years from now I’ll look back and laugh, but there’s just something about this number that makes me feel like I’m officially an adult. Sure I’ve been financially on my own for over many, many years and feel like I have my ducks in a row for many “adult things”, but there’s just something about this number guys!
Maybe it’s because in my tween years I thought 24 “was so old” and I’m well surpassed that age now. Either way, I look back over the last year and boy has there been so much growth. I feel like 25 was so good to me and I can’t wait to see where 26 brings me [and I’ll be fudging the lyrics saying “twenty-siiiiiiix” for the next 365 days].
One goal I have for my blog this year is to open up more on topics deeper than just clothing. While fashion will always be the main focus of my blog, I do want to write more in-depth and pull in on different lifestyle verticals. I have started integrating wedding chat, health topics and home decor over the last six months, but I also want to have more light hearted coffee chats with you where we take a quote and reflect on it or I just share five things that have been on my mind lately. Just me writing and letting you in a bit more. I feel like being the Type-A person I am, I focus too much on having the “perfect shot”, “perfect well-constructed verbiage” and so on.. so I’m trying to change my processes around the A Mix of Min office and just write what’s on my mind some days!
With that, I figured I’d share 19 things about myself and things I’ve learned over the years to commemorate my 26th birthday! I was going to attempt 26, but I felt like that was a bit extreme and I was born on the 19th, so 19 it is! I find this post a little out of my comfort zone in general because as a marketer I think, what is the reader benefiting from this? I’m not helping them decide on a work outfit or the perfect travel bag. What’s the call to action? But I’ve realized that the posts I most enjoy reading from my favorite bloggers are the ones where they open up, share their personality and are lighthearted, so with that here we go!
1.Donuts and green juice are my two favorite foods. They cancel each other out, right?
2. I have the cutest furball orange tabby named Muenster Cheeseball that we adopted 2.5 years ago.
3. I’ve had 20 teeth pulled – some baby, some adult, plus wisdom.
4. This is my favorite make up item [other than mascara!] because it’s light, great coverage, has SPF 50 and provides the perfect hint of color. I wear ‘light’ in the winter and ‘medium’ when I self-tan.
5. About four years ago I started living my life by this quote: Ignore people who threaten your joy. Literally, ignore them. Say nothing. Don’t invite any parts of them into your space. I’m known for my up-beat, bubbly personality and a few years back I found myself in a space where people tried crowding my life with cruel words and negative, toxic outlooks. Whether it be a childhood friend, a soon-to-be-relative or new acquaintance, no one is worth your precious time if they make you feel small or are just plain toxic to be around. Some individuals are just so unhappy with their life so greatly that the only way to feel better is to let their jealousy consume them and speak ill of others. Removing the negativity is freeing.
6. While I’m a total extrovert, but I’m also a huge homebody. I swear after every parent teacher conference growing up, I knew I was going to be in trouble for “talking too much” in class. My dad has always called me a social butterfly haha! While I love being out and about, I have a homebody side of me that needs time to recharge which is why I always keep one day of the weekend free of any plans or commitments.
7. I don’t like watching movies, but love binge watching TV shoes. My favorite shows will always be Gossip Girl, Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal [Olivia is #goals]. No judging.
8. I’m originally from central Maine, earned my college degree in Portland and moved to Boston four years ago to pursue my marketing degree.
9. I talk to my dad every single day. He’s my best friend
10. My favorite work out is indoor cycling.
11. My favorite way to start my day is watching Live with Kelly. She’s the CUTEST.
12. I’ve completed a few half marathons and road races over the last couple years. Brooks sneakers are my personal go-to for training. They have great ankle support and don’t burn through as quickly as other brands.
13. Pink is my favorite color. If anything comes in pink, I think it goes up 10 notches of cuteness.
14. Sergio does anything at all costs to make it so that I can’t nap on the couch. He thinks I always wake up as another person AKA SO grumpy.
15. My biggest pieces of advice for any new bloggers: 1. Be original and find your own voice 2. Find your niche and what unique perspective you bring to the table that can help others 3. Focus on growing your blog, not necessarily Instagram [people get so strung out on social numbers… be authentic and focus on your blog, everything else will grow along with it] 4. Create high-res content [relying on your iPhone camera can only go so far].
16. I’m always asked if I have lash extensions – I don’t! I use a combo of genetics, this and this to make them look long and full.
17. Sergio and I have been dating every day since March 12, 2008 <3
18. There isn’t anyone else I’d stand outside all day at Gillette to see, other than my girl Tay Tay.
19. I love YOU for reading this entire post. Seriously, you’re the best!
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and if so, I’ll make sure to continue incorporating more personal, lighthearted content. Cheers to today! I’m going to link up some of my everyday favorites below. Xoxo Mindy
SHOP MY DAILY FAVORITES